Beta Testing Stage Introduction

Hello, friends!

Now we are in a hot phase in our product development process. And thank you for agreeing to help us with this! And for trying out our product before its official launch.

The goal is to gather valuable feedback, identify any potential issues or bugs, and make necessary improvements to ensure a seamless user experience.

You are one of our like-minded allies. Your expertise and insights would greatly contribute to us. Your feedback will help us refine and optimize our product, making it even more valuable for future users.

Here are some key details:

Objectives: We aim to collect feedback on usability, functionality, performance, and overall user experience.

Support: Our support team will be available to address any questions or concerns you may have. Please feel free to reach out to us on the forum or on the contact form on the website.

Thank you for your time, and we hope you join us on this exciting journey. After all, we are making this product for you :slightly_smiling_face:

Warm regards!

Hi Sergio,

The effort to improve/build upon gtdnext is welcome but i’m not sure i get the point of it.

You’ve pruned some overlapping functions in gtdnext, streamlined the interface and renamed some of the groupings ie “spaces”

You’ve made some unimportant cosmetic changes and ignored the urgent stuff like 2-way calendar integration, true offline functionality, mobile apps and other fundamental functions others in the community have mentioned.

Bit of a disappointment for me after such a long time and with so much feedback from the community over the years.

Hopefully I’m wrong and the more urgent improvements are actively in the works.

Best,
Deepak

A post was split to a new topic: Overview of changes and suggestions

I would like to suggest the “starred task” feature or similar, as there are no task management tools that unite the “starred tasks” feature with the hierarchy in outline format. Starred tasks area very simple filter. GTDNext’s “Focus” icon was great. The app format for Android and Iphone are also essential.

1 Like

Hello Deepak,

Thank you for trying TaskScale.net!

I see your disappointment. I believe it’s due to the lack of information we provided and not stating clearly the state of things and our goals. Let me clear the things now.

Development of GTDNext stopped some years ago. It was mainly due to the lack of resources we could put into it. But there were other issues also. The major one is GTDNext was built with legacy technology that is hard to maintain. And building new features got really tough.

There were options to close the project, let it run as is or do a complete rewrite. And this is how TaskScale.net was born. It is a full rewrite of GTDNext on the new tech stack and the new way of presenting data. Our goals were: rewrite the app in the modern platform; enhance the data model and it’s presentation keeping as much functionality from GTDNext as possible. I don’t want to go deep into technical things here, but the new data structure and layout will allow us to make much more in terms of extending functionality of the app.

Our main goal now it to finish the launch of the new app and fixing issues. Once done we are moving forward to the new features. And this is where our community helps us. Knowing what issues you have and what features you are missing helps us to build a roadmap for the future improvements. And of course all the feedback from GTDNext will not be forgotten.

Best!

Ok…great to hear this Sergio…now I know where you’re coming from.

Understood…if you’re starting from scratch on a new platform…then of course the first objective is to recreate and refine the concept using the new platform and our feedback and then build from there.

Hopefully this new platform has some built in future-proofing and will serve us well in the coming years of redevelopment.

Glad to see that the remarkable GTDnext concept has some legs now to carry it forward.

Happy to continue to test the new platform and see what ideas come to mind.

Thanks for taking on this mammoth project so that GTDNext has a better chance at viability.

Best,
Deepak

1 Like