Is there a help guide anywhere? What are Areas and Workspaces?

hi, I just started using this, and can’t really find any documentation. Like what are Areas and Workspaces supposed to represent, and how do I create a new Area?

and, what do these three buttons do (in Android app)?

These buttons are circled in the attached pic. They look like little folders:

Hello!

We have some help here, but more detailed help is currently under development. Please feel free to ask anything on the forum or in the direct message.

Regarding the buttons, the first one is show/hide completed items. The folders are expand/collapse the current outline (selected workspace).

1 Like

Thank you!

How are Areas and Workspaces intended to be used?
What are they intended to represent?

In what ways do they make it difficult to see everything all at once - that is:

can I search across all Areas and Workspaces?
can I see a comprehensive view of everything across all Areas and Workspaces?
can I see Next Actions lists across all Areas and Workspaces?

How are Areas and Workspaces intended to be used?
Areas and Workspaces are top-level categories for your tasks.

can I search across all Areas and Workspaces?
Yes, with a standard search functionality

can I see a comprehensive view of everything across all Areas and Workspaces?
No. At least not yet.

can I see Next Actions lists across all Areas and Workspaces?
Yes, now Next Actions are shown for everything. But we are planning to add quick filters for current Area and current Workspace.

1 Like

So if I understand this correctly, If I want to make sure to be able to view everything all at once, I should put everything in a single Workspace, right?

In other words, a Workspace is what you see all at once, and an Area is a collection of multiple Workspaces? Is that correct?

Can a node with all its sub-nodes be moved from one Workspace/Area to another easily? Does it just become a new top-level item in the Workspace/Area it is moved to?

So if I understand this correctly, If I want to make sure to be able to view everything all at once, I should put everything in a single Workspace, right?
Yes you can. I’d even suggest new users to start working in a single Workspace until one gets used to it and discovers the convenience of multiple Areas and Workspaces.

In other words, a Workspace is what you see all at once, and an Area is a collection of multiple Workspaces? Is that correct?
Yes

Can a node with all its sub-nodes be moved from one Workspace/Area to another easily? Does it just become a new top-level item in the Workspace/Area it is moved to?
Yes, you can drag it to another Workspace or use a “Move To” tool to move it anywhere. It appears as a top level item in the target Workspace.

1 Like